Hello

[And welcome to my little blog.]

I'm Amanda! So happy you are here. Grab a glass of wine, read along, and let's be friends.

A pool party

Thursday, September 1, 2011
So before I stepped on glass at The Max last weekend, I did have a really nice day at the pool.  My parents invited Kevin's family over for the day to swim.  We are super lucky that both of our families get along so well.  My mom and Kevin's sister Kris actually probably see each other more than we do.  They live really close to each other, and my 3 year old brother Jonah and Kevin's 3 year old nephew play together all the time. 

About half these pictures were taken by my dad, the real photographer in the family, and half were taken by me.  He was letting me play around was some of his fancy lenses and giving me a lesson or two.  Thanks dad!  Here's a link to the Picasa web album where you can download the pictures.

By dad

By me

By dad
By me
By dad
By dad
By dad
By me
By me
Dad was showing me how to manually adjust the exposure on the camera, so I overexposed the picture below by one stop.  I actually really like the softening effect it had.  Probably my favorite picture I've taken this month.  And it doesn't hurt that Journey is so freaking cute. 

My dad had a fancy name for a picture that is purposely overexposed.  Can't remember what he called it.  For more examples of pictures purposely overexposed check out this link at the Digital Photography School.  I actually just found this blog and it has a lot of helpful photography info on it for free.

By me
The rest of the weekend was pretty chill.  Kevin made Italian BBQ pork chops on Sunday night while I tended to my wounded foot :)  The sauce on the pork chops was great... balsamic vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper.  Here's the link to the recipe.

Only 2 more days until another weekend...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...