Hello

[And welcome to my little blog.]

I'm Amanda! So happy you are here. Grab a glass of wine, read along, and let's be friends.

Ben Franklin and the 4th of July

Monday, July 4, 2011
235 years ago today our founding fathers were signing the Declaration of Independence.  I've never been much of an American history buff myself, but our book club decided to read a biography and we chose to read: The First American, The Life and Times of Benjamin Franklin.  I enjoy all sorts of books and normally read through them pretty quickly, but our book club is meeting next week and I'm only 180 pages in to a book that's over 700 pages...  Needless to say, I don't think I'll be reading more biographies about our founding fathers anytime soon.

I think I may have gotten more wisdom out of reading famous Ben Franklin quotes online than reading his biography.  So for your enjoyment, my three favorite Ben Franklin quotes (non-verified and courtesy of Google): 

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." 
"Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days."

Hope you all are enjoying your fourth of July celebrations!  Here are some pictures from Kevin's family BBQ yesterday:










 




2 comments:

Andrew said...

Love the toad picture. I may try the Franklin book myself. Ive been interested in him lately.

Amanda said...

Thanks Andrew! Hope you had a good 4th!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...