Hello

[And welcome to my little blog.]

I'm Amanda! So happy you are here. Grab a glass of wine, read along, and let's be friends.

Smoothie time

Wednesday, November 17, 2010
So I bought a new blender to make margaritas, and it turns out it has some other useful purposes... like making smoothies :)

I was inspired by one of my new cooking books, The Family Chef.  I've really enjoyed this book (thanks mom!).  The book is written by two sisters that work together as personal chefs in California for all sorts of famous people.  I think their writing about cooking in general and how it plays a role in their families is almost better than their recipes, although those are good too.

There are several recipes in this book for yummy smoothies, but one of their big themes of the book is being open to improvising if you don't have all the ingredients.  So, although most of their smoothie recipes included things like minced fresh ginger, coconut water, and milled flaxseed, I opted to use only the ingredients I had onhand. 

After making three successful smoothies with all sorts of ingredients, I'm convinced you really can't make a bad smoothie as long as you have have a small bag of frozen fruit, a couple globs (about 1.5 cups) of yogurt (I really liked the Horizon Organic Fat Free Vanilla), some water (you can start by adding 1/4 a cup and then add more later if your smoothie is too thick), and a little bit of sugar (or I prefer Agave Nectar in things like this). 

So there you have it, grab whatever ingredients you have onhand, throw it in a blender, and voila a wonderful breakfast or afternoon snack!

P.S. - Kevin liked the smoothies too.  The poor boy has learned to hide when the camera comes out, because who know when a picture is going to be deemed "blog worthy"  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...