Hello

[And welcome to my little blog.]

I'm Amanda! So happy you are here. Grab a glass of wine, read along, and let's be friends.

A little inspiration from Pinterest

Monday, April 18, 2011
         


I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday.  I am finally relaxing after a really hectic week.  I finished my leadership project and turned it in yesterday at our last class.  I am officially done with school for the summer.  Sigh of relief....

Here are a couple of the things that I discovered this week that were pretty neat.  A lot of this inspiration comes from a new website I just read about on this blog, and this blog.  It's called Pinterest.  The idea is that you can "pin" pictures that inspire you.  Then other people can look at your pinboards to see the things that are inspiring you, and then they can "pin" the things that inspire them, then other people can look at the things they've pinned... and the wheels on the bus go round' and round.'

Apparently this website has gained in popularity so quickly they don't even have the server space to handle all the requests to join.  You have to request an invitation before you can start creating your own inspiration boards.  I'm waiting patiently impatiently to have the chance to join.  In the meantime, I can look at other people's pin boards.

Here are some of the random things that inspired me this week.

I don't know why, but I love seeing pictures of growing pregnant bellies.  Even if I haven't talked to someone in years, if I see a picture of them pregnant on facebook, I'll definitely take a look.  Does this mean my biological clock has started ticking, or maybe I'm just a little weird?   

I'm so happy that it's finally getting warmer.  Aren't those wine crate planters awesome?  Can you say, rooftop community garden?  Yes please.  And how fun are those hanging plants?  That sunken trampoline makes me want to be a kid again...

Cutting a few maps into hearts and putting them in frames looks like such an easy do-it yourself project.  And how perfect are those pictures arranged in a heart, especially for decorating apartment walls?

And a few pictures of my own.  I snapped this one of my parent's magnolia tree on Saturday. 

And this one of a tree starting to bud.  Yay spring!


3 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh! I love the pictures of pregnant bellies, too! So cute! Someday, Amanda....someday... :)

Amanda said...

Oh thank God. Glad I'm not the only one :)

Caitlin said...

Loving the heart/maps idea! Was hanging on to our Ireland honeymoon maps for some reason!!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...