Hello

[And welcome to my little blog.]

I'm Amanda! So happy you are here. Grab a glass of wine, read along, and let's be friends.

We're booking a flight today

Friday, April 22, 2011
I have the entire day off work for Good Friday and I am determined for Kevin and I to pick out our next big adventure and to book the flight today.  Almost a year ago we were exploring Italy on our honeymoon ....Venice, Bologna, Regello, Florence, Sienna, and Pisa.  It was the most incredible trip.  Both of us loved to travel before, but since our honeymoon we've been completely hooked.  We have been saving our pennies ever since for our next big trip. 

We know we want to go to an amazing part of the world that neither of us has seen before.  Somewhere with amazing culture, food, and things to see.  The only problem is that this describes hundreds of places all over the world and the sheer number of choices has paralyzed us.  Well that changes today!  Kevin and I are jumping in head first and are going to pick a place and book our plane tickets.  

Any final words of advice?  Continents, countries, or cities you'd recommend?  Please let me know asap!

And I know some of you have already seen our honeymoon pictures on facebook, but I couldn't help dusting these off one more time for a little inspiration.

















10 comments:

Emily Whitehouse said...

Have you been to Alaska? AMAZING! :)

Anonymous said...

Go to Spain!!!!!!! Love Your Cousin Julia VonBehren. Ask my mom and dad (mike and rita) their fave places there. my mom said it was amazing!!!

Marci said...

Greek Island...Janelle got engaged on the island of Crete:)

Danny said...

I know I've told you already....go to New Zealand. Its small enough to check out a few different cities.

Stacie said...

I was gonna say New Zealand, too, but they just had that big earthquake not too long ago and someone I knew said the damage is pretty bad. :( Anyways, I think you should go to South Africa or Brazil or something!

Danny said...

I was actually there during the earthquake. The only city that was damaged was Christchurch (and it is very damaged). You can still visit Queenstown and Auckland. Just keep in mind that their summer is our winter.

Danny said...

Cape Town and Rio are both on my list....great ideas. I think the least amoumt of culture shock would be NZ, but all 3 of these places would be amazing.

Stacie said...

Oooh! Good info. I must have misunderstood my friends who live there. They live in Christchurch, and they said it was a mess...I think I thought that it covered the whole area. (The limitations of email combined with my lack of knowledge about NZ probably caused that one!)

I agree with Danny - depending on how much culture shock you're willing to endure, NZ would be the easiest transition, but there are lots of adventures to be had around the globe! Let us know as soon as you decide! I'm excited to hear!

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh. Thank you for everyone’s advice! This is so fun. Alaska, Spain, Crete, New Zealand, Cape Town, Rio... all amazing ideas and I'm adding them all to my must see must see list! I'm looking into them all right now. I'll post about it tonight or tomorrow.

Dad said...

I could probably book you a pretty nice room in the fancy military resort in South Korea (the "Dragon Hill Inn," if you want to google it). Not sure you're interested in the East, but Korea was kind of fun in lots of ways.

Love, Dad

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...