Hello

[And welcome to my little blog.]

I'm Amanda! So happy you are here. Grab a glass of wine, read along, and let's be friends.

I'm FINALLY jumping on the recycling bandwagon

Tuesday, September 28, 2010
My friend Steph was in town for our friends Stacie's wedding this weekend, and while she was here we got to talking about waste.  Somehow we trick ourselves into thinking that when we throw something away, it actually goes away.  I've long said I need to start recycling... well today I have finally decided to stop talking about it and start doing it.  Thanks for the kick in the butt Steph - you didn't even know you were doing it!

Unfortunately, we don't have a recycling option in our building (you'd think all of us urban condo dwellers would be screaming for recycling... oddly not).  Luckily my parents recycle at their house so we'll just plan on bringing over our recyclables when we come over for Sunday dinners.  Here are the signs I made today.  They're just PowerPoint slides so I can email them to anyone that's interested in using them. 


I'd say on average we go through 4-5 bags of trash a week....kind of sad when you consider we're only two people.  My goal is to get down to one.  We don't have our own recycling can yet, but I figure a paper bag will due for now.  I can't give myself another reason to procrastinate :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...