Hello

[And welcome to my little blog.]

I'm Amanda! So happy you are here. Grab a glass of wine, read along, and let's be friends.

Everyone blog!

Friday, October 29, 2010
So this is officially my 50th blog post!  Whoot whoot!  I think everyone should have a blog, period.  Here are the top three reasons why:


  1. It's a great way to keep track of the stuff that you'd like to remember, but would otherwise forget.  How often do you take pictures of things that go on in your everyday life?  I know I didn't before this blog.  For example.... without this blog I never would have taken a video of Kevin snoring on the couch, or the pork chop dinner I made the other day, or the little pumpkins Kevin bought me just because he knew I'd like them.  AND, I just found this awesome website that automatically creates a book of all your blog posts with the click of a button.  Forget scrapbooking!  Just start blogging and then print off a book once or twice a year!
  2. Blogging is a great way to keep friends and family up to date on what you're up to and what you're thinking about.  For example.... in one of my posts I mentioned this cool kitchen knife.  A week later, my parents got it for me for my birthday!  And if you're into facebook you can have your blog posts immediately posted to facebook by signing up for Networked blogs.
  3. You start blogging because you want to write about the interesting things that happen to you.  But oddly enough it sometimes ends up working in reverse.  You do interesting things, so you can write about them on your blog.  In the end, your life is more interesting and so is your blog.  For example... I went to this free Jes Winters concert last night because I like local music, but I also thought it would be fun to write about.  I had an awesome time and I'll have fun posting about it too. 
Go to blogger.com and get one now.  It's free.  It's easy.  It's fun.  Send me the link!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...