Hello

[And welcome to my little blog.]

I'm Amanda! So happy you are here. Grab a glass of wine, read along, and let's be friends.

Halloween 1997 and 2010.

Sunday, October 31, 2010
Happy Halloween everyone!  My dad dug out some old family videos a couple weeks ago, and I loved this video of us from Halloween.  I recorded it on my flip video camera while we were watching the home-movies so if you here some laughing in the background... that's my family (present day).

How cute is my little brother Zak?  Check it out:


Halloween - 1997 style from Amanda Kohler on Vimeo.

Here are some pictures from last night of a couple of our friends that dressed up.  Their costumes couldn't have been more perfect for them.  Robert was Stew from the Hangover and Nina was Snooki from Jersey Shore!

So here's a story for you... Last night, I completely embarrassed myself when I enthusiastically asked some random guy at the bar if he was dressed up like Malcom Gladwell.  For those of you that haven't heard of Malcom Gladwell, he is a New York Times writer and one of my favorite non-fiction authors (he wrote the books The Tipping Point, Blink, and Outliers). 

Here's how our conversation went:
Me:  "Oh my gosh, are you dressed up like Malcom Gladwell!!  That's such an awesome costume, I LOVE Malcom Gladwell!!!"
Random guy at the bar: "Malcom who?"
Me:  "You mean you're not dressed up like Malcom Gladwell?!"
Random guy at the bar:  "Uh no... I'm not dressed up like anything"
ME:  ... Hysterical embarrassed laughing...

Luckily he had a pretty good sense of humor.  He even let me take his picture (see middle picture).  Common, you guys can totally see the resemblance, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...